Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Skills = No Sleep

I’m just as excited as the next person about my kid mastering new skills. That’s probably not true, I pretty sure the next person does not care but I clapped and cheered and did the whole good mom thing; but when the new skills start interrupting sleep I become somewhat less excited about the progress.

Tierney is not putting herself to sleep or even staying asleep after I put her in bed because she can now roll from back to front. I would be fine with it if she wanted to roll herself over and sleep on her belly, just as long as she stayed asleep.

Maybe I should discuss with her when it is ok to practice her new skill.

When I put you on the floor to play/entertain yourself - Okay

When I am changing your diaper - not okay

When I am getting you dressed – not okay

When I am bathing you - not okay, she is seriously the reason you should never leave your baby unattended in the bath.

When I put you in bed and I have tons of homework and studying that needs to be done – Not okay!


1 comment:

Mom the baum said...

What a cute little tusssy!