Saturday, May 21, 2011

Laura, please pass your homework forward

My 8th grade homeroom teacher called me Laura until my parents went in for back to school night and corrected her. The next day in class she asked me why I didn’t correct her and I just shrugged, I didn’t know how to politely say that it was because she was moody and crazy and the opportunity to correct her never seemed to present itself.

Throughout the day I repeat Keelin’s name so much so that it is exhausting, we are having a hard time listening and following directions. When we are in public people overhear me and are always asking me what her name is, but no one actually listens to the answer.

"What’s her name"; Keelee? Kaylee?, Calin?, Kayleigh?, Keela?

"Her name is Keelin"

"Oh", followed by half of their original guess and half of what I said, forming a whole new incorrect name.

I let it go because chances are I’m never going to see the person again and I’m already irritated with a toddler that isn’t listening to what I am saying, I do not have it in me to have polite dialog with an adult that appears to have poor listening skills.



Also, please do not wait for my parking space, I have a toddler, infant, cart full of grocery’s, and may engage in a breast feeding session before I continue on my way, so turn your blinker off and drive on.


1 comment:

Mom the baum said...

you are too funny almost as funny as that girl in the cowboy hat