Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The opposite of fun

Every night at bed time Keelin gets a sippy cup of milk. The Milk is gone by the time we’ve done her bed time ritual and its time for me to leave the room. Shortly after I leave the room she starts complaining and calling for me so I return with a fresh cup of milk, she drinks a little, I remind her that she needs to lay quietly in her bed, I put the milk on the chair next to her bed so that she has access to it throughout the night and I leave the room. We really need to cut this nonsense out of the bed time ritual, and after tonight I’m pretty sure I will not be returning with a fresh cup of milk.

Tonight her complaining woke her sister up, don’t they know I have homework to do. I hurried into the room, handed her the cup of milk, scolded her for making so much noise, and got right to getting Tierney back down. As I sat in the chair with Tierney I could hear Keelin chugging the milk, and I thought great now she’s going to have to pee. Just as I was getting ready to put Tierney back in her bed Keelin starts saying that her tummy hurts, and the fun starts

Ok ok I’ll be right there I whisper

A little louder this time, my tummy hurts

Ok do you have to pee, yes, ok just be quiet I’ll be right there

I try to quickly and smoothly put Tierney into bed

Now with even more volume and panic, mommy my tummy hurts

I scoop her up as she repeats the complaint again waking Tierney up

I hurry her into the bathroom start to help her with her pull up and splat, yup right onto my toes

Ok it looks like two cups of milk is too much

Mommy my tummy doesn’t hurt anymore!

She was so dang happy it was ridiculous.

1 comment:

CanadianMama said...

Oh yeah, my baby is the king of chugging until he pukes and then he also smiles and laughs once he's done. Nice hey!!